What is the first thought that comes to your mind when you think of lemon? It must definitely be lemonade. But do you know that lemon is also a universal cleaner? Yes, lemon can not only make you refreshing inside out but can also be used to clean and freshen up your interior as well. The refreshing smell of lemon can also provide a cool feel to your interior, especially during the hot summer months.
If you are looking at ways to clean your house using lemon then read on.
- Looking for homemade furniture polish? Then combine 2 tbsp of lemon juice, ½ cup of olive oil and 10 drops of lemon essential oil in a spray bottle. Spray this solution on your furniture and wipe it clean.
- A safer way to clean and disinfect your window is using lemon. Mix ½ cup of rubbing oil and 3 tbsp of lemon juice in a spray bottle filled with water. Shake and use it as a solution for cleaning your windows.
- Has the brass or copper handle of your front door lost its luster? Never mind. Sprinkle sea salt on half a slice of lemon and use it to scrub and clean the handles.
- The simplest way to clean your microwave is using a piece of lemon. Place a bowl of water with half a piece of lemon in the microwave and switch it on for few minutes. Let it sit for some time. The steam inside will loosen all the dirt and grime and you can easily clean it using a piece of cloth.
- Looking for ways to clean your wooden cutting board? Sprinkle the board with coarse salt. Take half a piece of lemon and scrub it on the board along with the salt. Let it sit for some time. Rinse and clean the board.
- Is making lemonade a part of your daily routine? Then do not throw away the peels. Store it in a mason jar till it is half full. Pour white vinegar on top of it and fill the jar. Let this mixture sit for almost two weeks. This will provide enough time for the vinegar to soak the peels. This is a wonderful homemade cleaner and can be used to clean all surfaces.
- Finding it difficult to clean your shower doors? Take a half a piece of lemon and use it to scrub and clean the door. Alternatively, you can also squeeze lemon juice onto a sponge and use it to scrub and clean the door.
- Lemon can not only clean any surface but also neutralize any bad odors. If your dishwasher gives out a funky smell, then place a piece of lemon in a dishwasher friendly bowl and run a cycle. The lemon will absorb all bad odor leaving your dishwasher bright and fresh.
From juice to peel, the entire part of the lemon can be used for cleaning purpose. Even placing a piece of lemon on your trash bin can neutralize the smell. No wonder it is called a universal cleaner!
If you have any interesting uses of lemon do not forget to share it with us.